Monday, March 29, 2010

Two Songs

I'm often caught off guard by music's ability to draw out raw emotion within me, whether it's the dancing in the rain kind of joy, or the fighting back tears kind of sadness, or that soothing kind of reassurance we all need occasionally. A few days ago, the song "So Far Away" came on and the lyrics resonated within me. "So far away, Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore. It would be so fine to see your face at my door..." I thought, "Damn Carole King, you got that right!"

But a few songs later, a moment of inspiration. "Ooh child things are gonna get easier, Ooh child things'll get brighter. Someday yeah, we'll put it together and we'll get it undone, Someday when your head is much lighter." I took a deep breath and slowly let it out...thing are gonna get easier. Things are gonna get brighter.


Can you tell I'm an avid Magic 105.7 listener?

No comments:

Post a Comment