Friday, March 19, 2010

Unemployment Perk #1 - Day Drinking

A little over a week ago, I was laid off from my job. I had a great job at a small, liberal ad agency where I could wear jeans and drink wine on Fridays. And aside from being under stimulated and underutilized at the end, it was an ideal situation. Add my new found unemployment with ending a relationship earlier in the week, and well...my week was pretty terrible.

That Friday was one of those rare March days when it didn't snow 6". It was sunny and 65 degrees...a freaking heatwave in Cleveland. I wanted sunshine on my tear streaked face and a cocktail in my hand. Two friends joined me at Southside but the sun was behind the building, and as most of us Clevelanders know, spring shade anywhere near the lake is pretty chilly. My friend was wearing parka as we sat next to the fireplace on the patio. One cold cocktail in and we decided to call it a bust.

I did sit on my porch and drink a Stella, but the excitement of being able to day drink was lost. I'm going to work on it. I'm not known to be a quitter and I'm not going to start now.



No comments:

Post a Comment